Saturday, August 26, 2006

Of Jams and a play...but all went well.. =)

Short talk:
I'm hesitant whether should I take my Grade 2 rock exam this year or after STPM. Well, hopefully I can score with flying colours for my Final Exam.

I went for Broken Bridges The Musical at KLPac with Quin and her play-mates. *Please don't think nonsense.*



And once again, thank you Chien Yih for the tickets and wonderful seats. Gracias Amigo.



Quin and I arrived late because I took the wrong turn and succumbed to a traffic jam in KL on Friday night. But well, we managed to go in ON-TIME. =)

Broken Bridges - The Musical

Written by: Lim Chuang Yik and Teng Ky-Gan

Executive Producer: Dato' Faridah Merican

Director: Joe Hasham

Musical Director: James Boyle

Choreographer: Pat Chan

Set Designers: Loo Jia-Wei & Arica Chia

Wardrobe Designer: Chin Khin Yeow

Cast: Douglas Lim, Colin Kirton, Ho Soon Yoon, Joanne Kam Poh Poh, Tony Eusoff and MORE...


BROKEN BRIDGES is set in Ipoh in the 1950's. The protagonist, Ming, seeks to chart his own destiny while his father, Wong, has his own ideas for his son. Wong is the quintessential Chinese towkay, to the extent of arranging his son's marriage. Ming's best friend and neighbour, Leong, plays the obedient son. The stark contrast in these two characters begs the question: 'So what's wrong with the old ways?', and on the other hand, 'So what's wrong with the new ways?' With a persuasive cousin from the big city, Ringo, appearing on the scene, Ming finally decides to go against his father's wishes and leaves for Kuala Lumpur.

10 years later, Ming returns as a successful contractor, whose project is to tear down the marketplace and in its place, erect a new building. Problems occur; an unhappy relationship with the beautiful head-strong and self-opinionated Mei Ling; construction problems; promised sums of compensation never arriving...the townsfolk become troubled and angry. Wong, in a final act of fatherly love, makes a sacrifice for his son, totally unknown to Ming. Ming leaves Ipoh, humiliated, disappointed and totally ashamed of his father.

In the epilogue, Ming returns 30 years later, and only then discovers the fate of his father.

(P/s: I copied this from the website.)

On the other hand, I've received my Grade 2 Rock Exam Book. Gosh, why Grade 2 while Grade 3 suits me more? Well, Grade 2 is not too bad though, at least I can scarify the examiners. =)



The music piece is so darn freaking easy! I was hoping for this:


I guess I have to bear with it then. And for your information, that book costs a BOMB. Take a wild guess. IT costs me FREAKING RM145! My gosh!


Not too bad though because a CD is enclosed with it.

That CD must have cost RM 70.

Random pictures:

My array of guitar picks. =)


Time to clean my computer desk. =(

*P/s: This is another blablayawnyawn boring post.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and
found that it's really informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels.
I'll appreciate if you continue this in future.
Lots of people will be benefited from your writing.

Cheers!

Here is my blog post; miracle weight loss pill

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home