Friday, May 05, 2006

Long journey..

Yup, my dream had came true. I've finally touched the State's soil. A pretty long journey I must say - 3 weeks. But it wasn't enough at all. =)

For your information, my air tickets were purchased from Air India. I know what you might be thinking now, I did too. I was like: " Oh my god, don't tell me that Indian air stewardess are gonna serve me!". Not to be racist, but I will definitely have an awkward feeling troughout the journey. But thanked god, the flights were both operated by Malaysia Airlines. *phew*

I went to many places during this trip:

KLIA -> Taipei (Transit) -> Los Angeles -> Las Vegas -> Grand Canyon -> Toronto -> Niagara Falls -> Ottawa -> Montreal -> Quebec City -> San Francisco -> Los Angeles -> Taipei (transit) KLIA.

Yup, although there weren't many places, but it was hell of an awesome trip. Before you continue, an apology to dial-up users as this entry is gonna load forever. And by the way, do grab yourself some coffee and scones or whatever things which are edible. It's gonna be a long one, trust me.

Started off with a 4.5 hours haul to Taipei for a 1.5 hours transit before heading to L.A.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Taipei, heart of Taiwan.

It was quite funny when I came across this message at the duty free shop. They stated there :" Please do not touch if you want service, please contact our sales agents ". Sure I won't touch cause I can get free services!

On second thought, I think I'm gonna update section by section, state by state. Sorry but too many photos have been taken already. Approximately 1900+ photos have been taken.

Well, after the opening of the LCC Terminal, KLIA's traffic condition is even worst. The whole airport is left with only Malaysia Airlines airplanes. No more cute lil red and white planes with the quote :" Now everyone can fly". On the other hand, Taipei Int'l Airport is packed with not only local airlines like Eva Air, Cathay Air, China Air, Singapore Air, but also Northwest Airlines and many more.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Check out the planes!

Departed the airport again, and this time, it's an ass-hurting ride. 12 hours non-stop service to L.A. Worst of all, the seats are small and compact, dry condition, movie sucks any many more. That was a torturing ride I must say. I couldn't sleep well during that flight. I only slept for 6 hours if not mistaken (not continuous). But it was quite worth it when I looked out the window and saw these:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Can someone slap me please. I've finally reached L.A.,United States of America, land of opportunity.

We've arrived 30 minutes earlier than the scheduled time of arrival. So without wasting time, met my sis and rent a car to our hotel in Anaheim. Don't get it wrong, Anaheim is actually part of Los Angeles. Los Angeles has 80 cities if not mistaken. Bla bla bla.....not too good in U.S.A's history. Later that evening, we went to Hollywood Boulevard. Chinese Theatre, Kodak Theatre, Walk of Fame, etc etc....

But first, we have to go through a complicated map plus the evening "car park". Not to forget, Los Angeles is also known for its heavy traffic as well as bumper to bumper traffic jams. See for yourself.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Well, traffic jam helped me alot as I had to "decipher" this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Confused? I was.

Well, I also had time to cam-whore(according to people).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Oakley + Me = Blizzard *joking*

Then, we stopped somewhere which I couldn't remember to snap this famous sign board.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Welcome to Hollywood" Paula Abdul said in American Idol.

Went to walk of fame after that. Once again, Patrick cam-whored.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

John Travolta. From my facial expression, it was damn cold.

Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce to you, The Chinese Theatre.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Up

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Below

How was it? Spectacular?

Our tummy was growling later on. So, some road-side hotdog stall showed up. We then had jalapeno (Halapeno a.k.a Mexican Pepper) and hot dog.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The best combination of all. The spiciness really spice up your night.

Late evening, went to Beverly Hills, shopping haven for Californians*
* Filthy rich ones.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Palm Drive

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Versace

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Two Rodeo Drive

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A cam-whore in "cam-whoring".

Well, that's all folks for the moment, more to come tomorrow and it will be Vegas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home